Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Catchin' up on holiday crap...

I know, I know. I'm like the worst food blogger ever. Holiday time, the time when I should be baking/blogging non-stop because you guys HAVE to see holiday goodies during the HOLIDAYS...and I'm totally MIA. Combination of finals (which didn't end until RIGHT before Christmas- what the frick) and HARDCORE getting ready/baking/wrapping for Christmas totally killed me. Anywho...Happy 2013! I'm so glad to see you all survived the apocalypse of 2012, and had a safe holiday. Although the holidays are over, I finally have some time to share my holiday goodies with you. Kind of lame, but hey, late holiday goodies are better than no holiday goodies at all, I think.

So first up on my list...Holiday cake balls!! Actually they aren't as exciting as they sound (way to start the new year with a bang, self), but they were tasty nonetheless.


And I will tell you this- they were easy peasy. Like, even easier than cake pops kind of easy. No stick to worry about? Sa-weet! I did these for our annual ornament exchange Christmas party. The best part? The cake on the inside is Christmas funfetti. I had this genius plan to make white cake and put my own red and green sprinkles, but then I found the Christmas funfetti mix and I grabbed that faster than you can say "Holy easy alternatives, Batman". I love funfetti. And I love these cake balls.

*As a related side note, this is the best picture I had out of like, tons. I am clearly having camera/photo taking issues, and I apologize. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to suggest away. I'm totally open to constructive criticisms/tips/suggestions, as I'm getting ridiculously frustrated.

Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Funfetti is happiest of all cake flavors :) And, I'll take late holiday goodies any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funfetti=DEFINITELY the happiest. A favorite around here with a bunch of 3 year olds around!

    ReplyDelete