Sunday, January 6, 2013

The stockings were placed on a tree plate with care...

in hopes that my family likes the goodies I share.
Boom! Look at THAT! Shel Silverstein status over here!...No, not really. Not even close. Don't worry folks, I won't be quitting my day job...night job...whatever.
Do you guys know what I JUST noticed?? This past year was the first year I've made Christmas goodies, other than our annual tradition of making cookies every Christmas eve with my dad (post to come later). Seriously, self?! The time of year where pretty much all diets go out the window! Well, regardless of my YEARS of slacking in the past, this year was pretty productive. Everybody received a plate of decorated cookies this year! Between school garbage, work, and FINALS, these were a freakin' Christmas miracle. Take a look:


My thought process behind these was to use the marbling technique to give the stockings a knit or crochet feel to them. I promise, one of these days I'll branch out and try NEW techniques...but this one is clearly one of my faves. What cool technique should I try next? Hmm...



I've heard it said that "The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear", a la my favorite holiday movie Elf. I disagree. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is plates of cookies. I've heard some horrible singing, but I've never met a cookie I didn't like. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment