Sunday, January 20, 2013

When life hands you lemons...

You make lemonade. Or so they say. And I say when your bonus grandma, or the sweetest long-time neighbor you could ever ask for, hands you three GIANT bags of lemons, you say eff the lemonade, I'm makin' something friggin' delicious with these bad boys. So I present to you: friggin' delicious lemon bars. OH YEAH. I found the recipe here.



I must admit, these are a lot of effort. I mean...I hadn't made a lemon curd since my baking/cooking classes. We're talking 2009 here, people! And while these are a lot of work, compared to what I usually make (easy peasy is my mantra, after all), they were TOTALLY worth it. I mean...GAWD. I've never really been a huge lemon fan, but these may just have converted me into a HUGE fan. And my favorite part? Besides the lemony, curdy goodness? THE CRUST. It tastes like a shortbread cookie, and I could nom on it all. Day. Long. 

I'm asking you, no, I'm begging you: if you're a lemon dessert fan, hell, even if you're not a lemon dessert fan, make these. Please? And make sure you send me some? ;)

3 comments:

  1. I would have to agree, these were super yummy and I am not a lemon person. Great job Britt! Now hurry up and make me something chocolate will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britt,

    Greeting from Melbourne, Australia! I'm of course happy to air freight you some if I'm baking these lemon bars :D

    Nice to know you via blogging. I'm now your latest follower :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Zoe, and thanks for following!

      We're a very chocolate-friendly household, so these lemon bars were a nice tasty break! =D

      Delete