Sunday, August 12, 2012

Local Yummies: Mazzetti's Bakery

My boyfriend Broc loves the ocean. So for his birthday at the end of June, I thought what better way to celebrate than taking him to the ocean? So I planned a weekend getaway to Pacifica for us to celebrate, relax, and enjoy the beach. In addition to scoping out beaches and restaurants for us to try, not surprisingly I also scoped out any local bakeries. There I found Mazzetti's Bakery.

Ta-da!



I liked this place because it is easy to locate and it has EVERYTHING. Honest to blog, it had muffins, breads, cookies, cakes, donuts, and even stuff I didn't recognize. It was all quite overwhelming. What to get? So many decisions....can I just have one of everything please? I ended up going back to the hotel with a cannoli, and Broc a strawberry popover. One of my favorite things about this bakery? The packaging:


I don't know why, but I find the fact that they boxed and tied up my cannoli just adorable. If it weren't for the fact that there was something delicious waiting inside for  me, I wouldn't have wanted to open it. Good thing I did...

Um...YUM.

This cannoli was just freakin' fabulous. The cream filling was nice and light, the chocolate dipped shell hit the spot and the cherries on the ends were a cute touch. I'm a sucker for cherry anything. Satisfying for the girl with the perpetual sweet tooth.


This, folks, is Broc's popover. All I can say about this is: flaky. Fruity. Goodness.

You should really check them out. Check out their website here, or if you're in the Pacifica area, stop in and get some goodies! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment