Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Anniversary Heart Cookies

Recently, my parents celebrated their 22nd wedding anniversary. That's right, I said TWENTY-TWO YEARS of wedded bliss. I could only hope, when I get married, to have a marriage as good as theirs-they make it look so easy. To celebrate their anniversary, my dad surprised my mom with a weekend getaway to Tahoe. Also to celebrate, I made them these cookies to bring on their mini-vaca:


I used my usual cookie and icing recipes, and made them as close to their wedding colors as I could. Well...their colors were teal and dusty rose. I got the teal color right on but the pink...you say dusty rose...I say light pink...Tomayto, tomahto (Read: my friggin' dusty rose color gel was dried out). I then used the drag technique that I love so much to make the hearts around the outside of the cookies. I seriously need to use this technique more often. So simple, yet so elegant. If you haven't already seen it, I found the technique for it here.

Happy 22nd anniversary, Mom and Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment