Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

Ok, so I have a bit of a confession to make. I have an obsession....a hardcore slight obsession with rainbow-colored food. I don't know what it is that makes rainbow-colored food taste better than non-rainbow-colored food!  I LOVE making rainbow cupcakes- I'm always looking for an excuse to make them. So, it's no surprise that when St. Patrick's Day rolled around this year I jumped on the opportunity to make rainbow cupcakes...you know, pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and all that good stuff. Perfect excuse, right? I made them with a box of white cake mix (I know, I cheat), and separated the batter into six bowls, using food coloring to color each bowl a different color of the rainbow. Then you layer the colors in the baking cups as desired and bake as directed. And to top the cupcakes, I iced them in plain white frosting with sour belts as rainbows!


Sorry for the FABULOUS picture quality... We served these to the kids at my mom's daycare (hence the awesome Disney plates), and they were getting anxious for cupcakes!! Gosh, I need another excuse to make these again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment