Saturday, May 12, 2012

I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for ice cream!!

Actually, there is no ice cream. Sorry for the confusion (believe me, I'm disappointed too- ice cream is my FAVORITE sweet treat). What I DO have is ice cream cone CUPCAKES. That's ALMOST just as good, right? Right. So last year my good friend Toni celebrated a birthday (Insert "DUH" here), and I knew I had to make her something special because, well, she's a foodie like me. That's why we get along so well- we'd bond on our lunch breaks at work over (usually junk) food.
I got the idea to do some cupcakes from Pinterest. Everybody's been on Pinterest, right? If you haven't you should go right now and check it out. Actually no, wait until AFTER you finish reading this post, THEN go. =) But seriously, there are so many great ideas on that site. And that's where I got the idea to make these ice cream cone cupcakes, and they were easier to make than I had expected!


Not a great picture I know, but the CUPCAKES were great, and that's all that matters. I used white and pink frosting, in the same bag, and the colors turned out great! I am totally using that technique more often!
And they're just so darn cute, had I brought them over in an ice chest, I would have had her fooled for sure. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment