Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Ashton!

Hey all, I know I've been slacking. Not to worry, I have a good 2 or 3 posts lined up for you in the near future. The first is the train cookies I made for my cousin Ashton's first birthday. They're made with my usual cookie and icing recipe, and the design is pretty simple. They went really well with his primary color train themed party! And here they are, all set up on their little plates (really cute setup, isn't it?)! Initially I wan't thrilled with the turnout, because they're a bit plain compared to my other cookies, but they were pretty popular at the party. Not my favorite work, but they did grow on me in the end.
I loved the way the colors turned out on these cookies. And although he didn't get to eat one, the birthday boy liked looking at them, too. Isn't he the cutest little conductor you've ever seen?



1 comment: