Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day Part 2

Even though you know I love making cookies, I was more excited for something else this Valentines Day. The cookies were fun and easy, sure, but the cupcakes...just made me giddy. They were pretty simple cupcakes too, but I was in love with them. Here they are:


See? So simple, but I love them so much! Obviously, a lot of love was put into these bad boys...the only thing I regret is the fact that I only made enough to hand out, and didn't make any extras for me and the family. That's ok, maybe next time. So, these are just red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (I TOLD you they were simple!). The topper is made from candy melts and and a fabulous candy mold I found at my local craft store. Do you want to know my FAVORITE part about these cupcakes?? The even MORE fabulous edible glitter heart sprinkles:

Absolutely love, LOVE them! Granted, they add nothing to the flavor of the cupcake, but they DO add sparkle and I am so smitten with them. And here they are, in their box and ready to be delivered...and eaten!



I'm now seriously craving a cupcake...but only if it has the cute heart sprinkles! I'm going to have a hard time topping this next Valentine's Day, if I do say so myself....Have a sweet day everybody! More to come soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, yes that was a big no no on your part, not making extras for Mom. :) They did look yummy though!!

    ReplyDelete