Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Braaainss...Braaainss...

Those of you who know me, know I'm a big baby when it comes to scary movies. What's that? You're thinking about planning a scary movie-thon? No thanks, I'm going to have to politely decline in advance for ALL future invitations. Especially if zombie movies are involved. I can SOMEWHAT handle movies about monsters, aliens, and psychopath murderers, but zombies FREAK. ME. OUT. TOTALLY irrational, I'm well aware, but there you have it. And that's how I came to my decision to make brain cupcakes for our annual Halloween party last year. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween...maybe it's because I associate it with all things creepy...including zombies. So what's more creepy than zombie-food cupcakes?




Nothing, that's what. These were really simple, I just colored some plain white buttercream with a very little bit of peach coloring to make this disturbingly creepy brain color. Pop a #10 tip on your piping bag, and make 4 squiggles down the cupcake. Instant creepiness.



Heh...these honestly weird me out a little bit...maybe it's the coloring that makes them seem sort of realistic. BUT they tasted delicious, so that makes up for it. I'm thinking this year going back to something cute or cool, and passing on creepy.

Ick, nothing zombie related, yes? Can I get a show of hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment