Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have the coolest family ever.

No, really, they are. Why, you ask? Well because I got a TRUCKLOAD of cool baking stuff for Christmas this year. I got cupcake wrappers, silver star sprinkles (which are REALLY cool, by the way), tons of new cutters, and...wait for it....brownie pop molds!! I've never tried making brownie pops or anything of that sort, but I am very excited to try it out!! Now, all these goodies were just from my parents and sister, but what I wasn't expecting was for my aunt to get me some cool stuff!



One of my favorite things to do is browse different blogs and websites for baking ideas. I could literally spend all day doing it. One of my favorite places to visit is a website called Bakerella. Have you visited Bakerella's site? If not, you totally should. She makes the cutest goodies! The thing she's most well known for is her creation of cake pops or cupcake pops. She even made a book about it, showing different pop designs and giving step-by-step instructions for each one. Weellll, my super cool aunt got me her book for Christmas!! It's really good I didn't buy it before Christmas because she would've been soo upset! It was difficult, but I resisted!


Not only do I get to experiment with these cupcake pops, but I also have several cake and cookie decorating ideas! Another book I recieved was this book called 1000 ideas for decorating cupcakes, cakes, and cookies.

Now, it doesn't have step-by-step instructions for anything (in fact, it doesn't even have labels for the pictures), but there are a lot of pictures with some really neat ideas! Granted....with the lack of labels, I have to figure out what some of the sweets even are, but if you can get past that, it's a cool book. I'd definitely recommend both of these books if you're looking for some great baking and decorating ideas. Now, it's time to try some of these ideas out! Thanks, family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment