Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy Independence Day, America!! It's time for fireworks, nice cold drinks, BBQ, and, at my house, patriotic ice cream sandwiches! I've seen these pinwheel cookies on Pinterest and I've been DYING to try them out myself. So I made them with two bags of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix (yes, I totally cheated, sorry), following the directions on the bag, but adding Wilton food color gel to each batch of dough, one red, one blue. After letting it chill in the fridge, I rolled my dough into little balls. I then rolled one blue ball and one red ball together and rolled them into about a 12 inch cane. then you twist them into coils and bake for about 10 minutes (Or whatever...the directions said 5-7...I had to eyeball it because that just wasn't cutting the mustard). And the fun doesn't stop there. Oh no. I had to put some softened ice cream between those bad boys to make them into ice cream sandwiches. Hello, this is sunny California. It's like, 93 degrees outside, people. Cold treats are a MUST.


They turned out a bit "Seussical", but that's totally fine. You know why? Because they're freakin' ice cream sandwiches (I like to bake, but ice cream is my weakness).
Until next time-It's time for me to go eat these bad boys! Everyone have a fun, SAFE holiday!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new word: "seussical." Perfect descriptor for these. Ice cream sammies are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete